Following the 2013 London Double Header, Cate said, “My son, a LI season ticket holder and at Twickenham on Saturday, is still getting over the result. He started to perk up after home made burgers tonight though! I make a v good burger apparently – for a vegetarian!”
Each burger (no bun) provides: 350kcal, 25g protein, 20g fat.
Change beef mince for lean beef mince and reduce the fat to 12g and calories to 230kcal! Grill, don’t fry.
Serve with Happy Carrot Salad or Superfood Salad (not a lettuce leaf in sight!), to make an ultra nutritious meal.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 small cornichons or 1 large pickled gherkin, finely chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz minced beef
- large bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large lemon, grated zest only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and chill until ready to cook.
Thank you Cate!