Following the 2013 London Double Header, Cate said, “My son, a LI season ticket holder and at Twickenham on Saturday, is still getting over the result. He started to perk up after home made burgers tonight though! I make a v good burger apparently – for a vegetarian!”
Each burger (no bun) provides: 350kcal, 25g protein, 20g fat.
Change beef mince for lean beef mince and reduce the fat to 12g and calories to 230kcal! Grill, don’t fry.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 small cornichons or 1 large pickled gherkin, finely chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz minced beef
- large bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large lemon, grated zest only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and chill until ready to cook.
Thank you Cate!