Today I picked up a massive haul of lovely yellow and red peppers from my local market for £1.
16 of the lovely things! I love a bargain, but how can I use them all before they need relagated to the compost bin?!
Here’s 10 things to do with a pepper:
(for some of these I could easily use two peppers – use lots as they are highly nutritious and very low calorie!):
- Eaten as they are, as you would eat an apple (my 2 year old Conor does this in his buggy, we get some odd looks!)
- Sliced up and dunked in to humus or salsa
- Use large chunks to scoop up cottage cheese as a low fat, high protein snack
- Diced and added to bolognaise or chilli
- Strips in stir fry
- Roasted in the oven at 180c for about 20minutes
- Diced in an omlette
- Diced in mini pastry-less quiches: beat 3 eggs, add pepper, grated cheese and tuna/ham. Pour in to silicone muffin cases, bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes at 180c.
- Stuffed with other ingredients.
- Smoothie – red pepper in a smoothie??!! I haven’t tried this one yet, but it looks interesting!